Where do we draw the line?
Napoleon is my favourite politician of all time... "Promise them everything, give them nothing" if I'm not mistaken, is one of his guidelines for almost everything in life... maybe that's why he lost everything, maybe that's why he had the world on his feet and got nothing of what he wanted... I believe he was not a happy man... maybe for some time he was, yes... but in the end, he died bittered and torn inside... At St. Helen's, he would spent most of his time, looking at the horizon, maybe trying to find some way to get what he had back... remebering his past glories, wondering where did his startegy had failed...
I, on the other hand... am more of "give'em everything, promise nothing...". That is a dangerous path as well... Most times I feel used, like I am taken for granted... The people that know me don't really know this side of me... even though I warn them about it... they just don't listen... or don't want to hear... don't know... don't really care... don't really mind... (perhaps I do or else I wouldn't be writing, ranting about it)... the last person that felt this side of me, made the wors't mistake there is while relating with me... it took me for granted... started to treat me accordingly... I walked out... turned my back, never looked behind... I don't want to do that again... but there are pretty good chances to it, right now... I hate it... but maybe I won't have another way out to the situation I'm in... I feel forced to make a decision that it shouldn't be mine to make... I'm sick, tired, fed up of apologies... I forgive ten times more than I eat... I'm tired of being told one thing, and actions leading towards another. I'm tired of people wanting but not even trying... I've learned since tender age that when a person really want's something, it will stop at nothing... It will always find a way to do or get something it want's... Maybe that's why I feel alone right now... maybe that's why the dreams I'm having offer me only one way out... maybe that's why I'm still single and continue to be so... until when I don't know... because so far I felt like I'm the only one fighting... I'm the only one trying... I'm the only one dieing... day after day...week after week, year after year...
Where to draw the line I ask? Where is the balancing point? Where is the neutral stance? To where have the human values gone? To where has the ability to know how to be with someone gone? Why should one expect only the other to know us and act on our behalf? How have we become so selfish? How have we become so closed in ourselves, that the entire world should run on our commands?
Where do we draw the line?
Napoleon is my favourite politician of all time... "Promise them everything, give them nothing" if I'm not mistaken, is one of his guidelines for almost everything in life... maybe that's why he lost everything, maybe that's why he had the world on his feet and got nothing of what he wanted... I believe he was not a happy man... maybe for some time he was, yes... but in the end, he died bittered and torn inside... At St. Helen's, he would spent most of his time, looking at the horizon, maybe trying to find some way to get what he had back... remebering his past glories, wondering where did his startegy had failed...
I, on the other hand... am more of "give'em everything, promise nothing...". That is a dangerous path as well... Most times I feel used, like I am taken for granted... The people that know me don't really know this side of me... even though I warn them about it... they just don't listen... or don't want to hear... don't know... don't really care... don't really mind... (perhaps I do or else I wouldn't be writing, ranting about it)... the last person that felt this side of me, made the wors't mistake there is while relating with me... it took me for granted... started to treat me accordingly... I walked out... turned my back, never looked behind... I don't want to do that again... but there are pretty good chances to it, right now... I hate it... but maybe I won't have another way out to the situation I'm in... I feel forced to make a decision that it shouldn't be mine to make... I'm sick, tired, fed up of apologies... I forgive ten times more than I eat... I'm tired of being told one thing, and actions leading towards another. I'm tired of people wanting but not even trying... I've learned since tender age that when a person really want's something, it will stop at nothing... It will always find a way to do or get something it want's... Maybe that's why I feel alone right now... maybe that's why the dreams I'm having offer me only one way out... maybe that's why I'm still single and continue to be so... until when I don't know... because so far I felt like I'm the only one fighting... I'm the only one trying... I'm the only one dieing... day after day...week after week, year after year...
Where to draw the line I ask? Where is the balancing point? Where is the neutral stance? To where have the human values gone? To where has the ability to know how to be with someone gone? Why should one expect only the other to know us and act on our behalf? How have we become so selfish? How have we become so closed in ourselves, that the entire world should run on our commands?
Where do we draw the line?
Sem comentários:
Enviar um comentário